Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday fit tip....insanity (not the tv infomercial)

Insanity, yes it's one of those infomercial workout videos, but insanity is also all around us. Insanity is prevalent in the gym. Insanity is in every aspect of our day to day lives. What do I mean? Keep reading and find out.

Insanity, you might think of it as a mental lack of controlling ones emotions, it might be acting extreme, overreactions, and being completely off the spectrum of what normal emotions and actions look like. Insanity brings images of "crazy people" but what if I told you insanity is probably something you're doing right now.

Albert Einstien, one of the most brilliant thinkers of all of humanity defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again with the same desired outcome, without ever seeing the results. Now you might see where I am going with this, we all experience a realm of insanity, and I am not one to cast the first stone here, nor will I get into the intricacies of insanity with life. I am here to talk about fitness.

What is insanity in fitness? How many times have you stepped on the treadmill, went fr a run, or got a simple resistance training routine in and done exactly the same thing over and over again. A person does this, expecting to see results, they go through the motions, they shortly are discouraged and give up. I see people in the gym with the tiny dumbells doing endless reps, (I doubt they're even counting) day in and day out. This is what insanity is, they expect to see results, they expect to slim down and "tone" up.

If you're fitness gains are lacking, take the insanity (no pun intended for the imformercial) out of your routine. Do something completely different, get on a structured training program, record your results, set goals. You'll see that fitness gains are simpler than we "experts" like to make it sound. You'll reach your goals, you'll look better, you'll feel great.

One thing I have learned over the years is that principals I apply to my fitness, have a direct transfer to everyday life. Something I can apply to training, eventually get intertwined into my everyday reality. Take this as a lesson, apply it to one realm of your life and watch it spread.

By the way, give our man Chris a shout out for his birthday 24 years young today!
In health and happiness
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment