Sunday, June 23, 2013

Road to 800 Update

So, these last couple weeks have been pretty good... I've changed my lifting just a bit to help my body rest over the summer until I start training for strongman nationals, but I'm still working on getting strong -well, just recently again. Haha...

Last week, the first week that I really started deadlifting again I had a pretty good week... Started off by hitting 300kgs for 3 reps on a BBK deadlift. That's a rep PR for me, so I was pleased. Then, I hit 505lbs for 1-7, +13 reps on deadlift the next time that I lifted. I was pleased with that, but I know that I can get more than that and I will next time I try that, whenever that may be; I'd like to get 20 just because. The third day that week that I lifted, I did a pretty heavy medley and finished with six reps at 515lbs... It was fine.

This week I had another good week for deadlifts... I had a good day on deficit deadlifts paired with log stiff-leg deadlifts (shown here) going 1-4, +6 at 220kgs; it felt solid, but I should have went with 230kgs probably. The next day that I trained I did front banded deadlift and regular banded deadlifts... what a day. I was trying out the front banded deadlifts and found that they are GREAT!!! for anyone that is having trouble engaging their lats and keeping the bar close during the deadlift -or lift off of either Oly lift. (Note: is is a bit better with lighter weight only because when it gets heavier the weights hold the bands back less than you do). I moved on to banded deadlifts and hit a couple of PR's which was really cool. The first PR was set of 2 with a hook-grip at 515lbs + band tension. The second was with the hook-grip as well for a single at 535lbs + band tension; I did it with the hook grip first, just to do it, then used straps for the second rep because I had sets of two for the day. I finished the day by doing a max weight PR for two singles at 565lbs + band tension... (video) Dang was that hard! Haha... It was a ton of fun hitting PR's like that though. Then, on my strongman training day, I decided to do a deadlift medley that had a bit of everything in it and finished with a 645lb/293kg deadlift with a hook grip!!! I was pretty pumped up because that was the very last thing that I did that day and it had been a pretty taxing day.

So, everything has been going well and it has been nice to have a lot more rest than usual, but I am very excited to start training for deadlift again and compete in another powerlifting competition.

As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns please leave the question on here or message me!
The 645lb deadlift at the end of medley and day


No comments:

Post a Comment